Monday 4 April 2022

Death by call centre

'Please be patient just keep holding on the line...'
Before you called us you were probably doing fine, 
Sorry we're having high volumes of calls -yet you said that the day before.
35 minutes on the phone to the council -I just can't do this anymore.
On the phone to the bank for an hour and I'm sorry but it's not OK,
Being transfered to eternal departments seems to be the new normal way, 
Called to change the date on my train tickets- clickity-clackity-clack, 
Just another 45 minutes of my life that I won't get back 
Called about my pension as the letter sent said I should do, 
press 1 for this and 2 for that makes no difference they don't have a clue, 
When did these businesses start to act with zero fucks/interest to give? 
Whilst we hang on the phone to resolve an issue -losing the will to live.
'Your call is important' -yet you're waiting in a queue, 
Yes I've tried to do it online but it tells me to call you! 
Calling customer service means you really must keep track.
As another 50 minutes of your life won't be coming back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment