Tuesday 10 January 2023

Another year without you another poem about you xx

Some days I can't believe how lucky I truly have been, 
To have had the most amazing mum the world has ever seen,
There is never a day that doesnt go by when I'm not thinking of you
What would you say now? And what would you do? 
But the wind had changed course and reshuffled our deck,  
As we re-laid the tables upon Titanics shipwreck, 
Squandered moments I would have been by your side
Times, like flotsam and jetsom float in on the tide, 
You were the lighthouse in the darkness for those who couldn't see, 
Able to put the world to rights with biscuits dunked in tea, 
Always there with the right words at the right time - you always gave us that, 
How many times did you go to the vet  - spent a small fortune on our cat! 
A loving heart it's true to say, 
I'll miss you forever and a day, 
Though gone too soon I'm still the luckiest one, 
To have had you, the very best, as my dear mum. 

#Anotheryearwithoutuanotherpoemaboutyou

No comments:

Post a Comment