Sunday 14 April 2019

Day 14 - Prompt: A lone poem

The silence re-energises me, envelopes me, gets under my skin,
I can finally not feel guilty for a Friday night spent in,
I need to recharge just like a battery inside of a mobile phone,
Put me in airplane mode and let me spend some time on my own,
I love my family and I love my friends and I never want those times to end,
Yet I know I need time, a little space,
Even in a crowd you can feel out of place,
To feel very alone is a concept I rarely find,
For feeling lonely is just a state of mind,
You can feel alone even in a busy bar,
It really helps you to know who you are,
If you're scared to be alone then how will you ever know yourself?
You'll always be surrounded by people who might be bad for you and your mental health,
So take a step back, and just breathe and take some time out just for you,
The freedom to choose good people in your life is so powerful and true,




Thanks WD for prompt!

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-10

No comments:

Post a Comment