Thursday 18 April 2019

Day 18 Prompt: Catch + .....Release+

I catch a train a mundane thought,
It starts to rain and you get caught,
Pitter, patter of raindrops a slow release,
The pills will start working you'll find some peace,
I find myself being impatient, angry, before I see it for what it is; An unnecessary reaction within, so I reframe,
I consciously release myself and everybody else, from this reactionary game,
I catch myself having a meltdown when I can't refill a script,
I release them from my problem - it's not their fault I'm still an addict,
If you catch yourself sinking and your life-jacket's lost with your boat,
Remember to release yourself from the ties that bind you and then you'll stay afloat,
Now when I catch myself thinking, I always take a step back from my enemy lines,
I release myself from my own harshness that costs so dearly in metaphorical fines,



Thanks for prompt WD
https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-16

No comments:

Post a Comment