Sunday 28 April 2019

Day 28 Prompt : Directions poem

Directions
I passed by that street where we had first kissed and tasted the scent,
Took a left by that bar where we'd talked into the night until our money was all spent,
Along the tree lined path, with views west of the sea,
You told me how you were falling in love and I really wanted to agree,
I passed diagonally through the plaza where we'd waxed lyrical about the meaning of life,
I even took a right into the park, passed by the duck pond, where I had first met your wife,
She had directed me towards the fake-reality you had woven all around you,
The one I never knew about, for I was dazzled by glitter; unreal, untrue,
Yet still I walk this city, without a map, my head held high,
I'd rather be forever lost than to hear one more lie,


Prompt:

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-27

No comments:

Post a Comment