Tuesday 30 April 2019

Day 30 Prompt : Take the phrase; (after ) + Again

Drunk again
I drink until I can see myself, unreflected through the bottom of the bottle,
Foot on the pedal, and the pedal to the floor, caining it at full throttle,
For whiskey neat, no word of a lie, even now it still makes me wince,
That Christmas we broke in, drank them dry, I haven't been back since,
Getting emotional; teary-eyed or angry, victim or perpetrator, saint or sinner,
So lets just go and get a round of drinks not everyone can be a winner,
Find an enabler to accompany you on this ; for 'hell hath no fury like a drunk that's been wrong'
I'd never admit it, and I wont know the name but I'll know all the words to the next song,
When you only popped in to have a quick half at the bar,
But are now 2 sheets to the wind with friends near and far,
Funny bar chats, dancing, playing pool, what a night was had by all,
Drunk again, spinning yarns, laughing hard, having a ball,
Until the morning, fuzzy headed, unrecognizable from the fall




Prompt:

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-29

No comments:

Post a Comment